Archive for December, 2011
Technological advancement has introduced a whole new technique for companies to carry out business activities and has played a crucial role in developing paperless offices. One of the best ways to create a paperless office is by using document management software which changes paper documents into digital files.
A good document management system provides an increase in productivity, reducing cost of document storage and saving on retrieval time. Document manager software is designed for both single and multiple users and is appropriate with your established business programs including Microsoft. Document management systems allow you to check, route and safely store records.
Some of the features of Document Management software include:
- A centralized electronic storage program containing details in any format that duplicates your current or new filling arrangement
- The freedom to search and access records by content or using the program structure which can be customized to your needs, to view documents multiple or single format.
- The ability to configure document protection by allocating users and groups to different levels of accessibility ideal to their needs and benefits.
- Easy access to information from off-site services anywhere anytime in the world
A paperless office in general provides your business with the following benefits:
- Less cost of printing, sending, distribution, and document storage
- An increase in your client support efficiency as buyer details is much simpler to locate
- The security of never ever losing documents again regardless of any circumstances.
- Updating documents information becomes so much easier because once a document is updated in the document management program all versions are immediately available to all who have access to the program.
- Paper use is decreased drastically so you can promote your company as an environmental friendly business.
One major benefit of investing in paperless office software is that it considerably lowers labor cost. In a standard installation, staff make use of paper to share information. This includes photocopying data, processing records and other related tasks. According to research, 40 to 60 percent of an employee’s time in the workplace is spent handling papers.
Investing in document management program will reduce company,s expenditures. If documents are changed into electronic copies, staff quickly access a needed document, thus making it possible for them to get more information with less time and achieve more task for any given day. Paperless program like Vircosoft’s VFiler easily manages all documents that have been digitalized through its program, so if one employee unintentionally removes an important document, the company does not have to go through great lengths just to find it; instead, programs like vFiler quickly creates backup for all documents hence no document can be lost.
Another big benefit is that companies can quickly send or transfer their documents to their companies various offices, so shipping costs are reduced. They may even choose to spread responsibilities to their staff located all around the world and benefit from lower labor rates in other regions.
So, whether a business is just starting out or is already well-established introducing a paperless office will help in reducing expenditure and generating more revenue. In the end, while traditional methods are hard to let go, if they are turning out to be more expensive, then letting go for a more cost-effective but quicker method is clearly the better option.